“A player of many strands – plays in many guises – could show up anywhere, and get the job done quite beautifully !” – Steve Howe, Yes.
10 Things You May Not Know About me:
1. Teenage Head – One of my first real gigs was in 1980 at L’Amoreaux Collegiate, opening for legendary Canadian punk band Teenage Head, we played Rush, Led Zeppelin, and The Who.
2. Wayne’s World – Mike Myers immortalized the name of my first band “Crucial Taunt” and used it for the name of the band in the film “Wayne’s World”, it’s all good, he’s from the hood, and asked permission.
3. Amanda Marshall – I recorded many demos for Amanda in 1994 just prior to her first release, I also played several concerts, including Nathan Philips Square in Toronto.
4. Platinum Blonde – Mark Holmes and I recorded at The Jeff Healey Studio in Toronto for most of the nineties, and eventually toured Canada extensively as Platinum Blonde in 1999.
5. Zappa – In 2008 at the Mod Club in Toronto, I was called up to the stage to jam with the Zappa Plays Zappa band, it ended with Dweezil and I trading a frenzy of unaccompanied guitar licks.
6. Atomsmasher – I have some great endorsements with innovative companies such as D’Angelico, Pigtronix and D’Addario, but did you know I have a signature Mack amp, the Atomsmasher DB-40?
7. Kenny Lee Lewis – Kenny Lee from the Steve Miller Band played some killer 8 string bass on The Enigmatic from Isolated Guitar, he also has been the ultimate guest at my guitar retreats in Canada and Mexico.
8. Alan Parsons – Alan produced Belmonte which appeared on the debut David Barrett Trio album, but we are also featured in the Alan Parsons Art And Science Of Sound Recording Video Series.
9. Massey Hall – I’m only one of two guitarists to play 2112 at Massey Hall on Big Al’s 1976 Les Paul Standard “Stan”, it was a great night, and the band was fantastic, a friend in the audience counted 5 standing ovations.
10. Steve Howe – I’m mentioned in Steve’s totally excellent autobiography “All My Yesterdays”, so I got that going for me, which is nice.